Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Live!

My last day at my day job was April 16th, and my first day trading was April 19th. I'm pretty happy that all the setup has gone mostly to plan! My account is with Oanda, and I filled it with a little more cash than I thought I would be able to.

Yesterday was pretty cool. I had one winner and one loser for a net gain of 0.6% on my account. I'm trading fixed fractional money management, with each win being 3% gain and each loser being 2.25% loss.

The only trading method I'm trading right now is the pair divergence method, previously linked to in this blog. I've had one trade today, and it was a winner.

I'll be using the "performance record" approach detailed in The Tax Guide for Traders to report performance (this will become increasingly relevant as I withdraw cash from the account to live off of):

Trading gains and losses = TP - PI + MIE

where

TP = ENA - A + W - BNA

where

TP = Total performance
ENA = Ending net assets
BNA = beginning net assets
A = Additions
W = Withdrawals
PI = Portfolio income
MIE = Margin interest expense

This blog will serve as my trading journal to post summaries and thoughts to, while my (private) trading log will keep all the gory details of my trades. I'm keeping the older posts that have little to do with my current situation for posterity's sake :)

No comments: