Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Update for 20110201

Starting February strong with a new equity high! Two wins today. Almost a third?

I have been feeling sick the last day or so, and it's thrown my sleep schedule off. I woke up late today and noticed that a trade setup had formed and already passed by, with profit being hit at first glance. I looked at the news forecast though, and noticed that the entry time would have coincided with Swiss retail sales numbers. Oanda being a stickler for hiking spreads around news releases, and squeaking a profit out on that trade by only 5 pips as indicated anyway, there's no telling what would have actually happened. If I had received an unfavorable spread/fill upon entry, price might have never reached my new target.

I guess I can check tomorrow at http://fxtrade.oanda.com/why/spreads/recent

Up 6.1% month-to-date
Up 30% since inception (4/19/2010)

No comments: